Are you in a long-distance relationship with your partner?Are you still wondering about how to solve issues in your long-distance relationship despite googling for answers? Then, you’re in the right place! This blog post will go over a few tips on how to solve communication issues with your partner. While these are excellent for long-distance relationships, they are also applicable to all other couples. So, keep reading to know more!
Solving Communication Issues: Long Distance Couple EditionRelationships are like roller coasters as they have many ups and downs. Issues in our relationships can cause harsh bruises in our hearts. Still, these could tremendously increase in the case of long-distance relationships. A 2009 survey was conducted in the United States on people in long-distance relationships for more than two years. The result showed that over 14 million couples defined themselves as having a long-distance relationship, and out of that, 40% of the couples did break up within two years. The significant factor in a long-distance relationship is communication–as the lack of it or excess could ruin the best bond between the couples. These are some of the possible ways of solving communication issues in a long-distance relationship.
1. Knowing Each Other’s Schedule of Work Hours and Daily RoutineExpecting your partner’s attention and time by calling them or texting them when they are busy or in their working hours can create a lot of chaos in a long run. These expectations create frustration for the working partner or when the partner is busy. So understanding the time schedules and daily routine patterns are important factors by communicating about it and understanding that they need their value space to grow in their best way.
2. Opening Up and Not Hiding Anything From Your PartnerIt is important to extend loyalty and commitment to your partner even when things get challenging when it comes to long-distance situations. The circumstances are never the same for both of them when you’re far away.
So, opening up about everything and anything to your partner without hiding anything plays an excellent role in a happy and smooth-going long-distance relationship.
3. Opting To Call Over TextingYou might feel in your busy schedule opting to text everything, including your important events or an important decision with your partner over giving them a call is way convenient. It’s a messy tool to use as texting can easily be misunderstood from the real feeling or content of the sender.
Calling them can help you hear the tone and sound. Even a tiny frequency difference in each other’s voice can indicate that something is wrong and needs to be fixed.
4. Expressing Your Emotions Much OftenBeing vocal about how you feel and expressing your emotions to your partner often without bottling up–be it sweet or bitter emotions.
It is important to let your partner know and understand each other better in the long run by not taking for granted your partner’s emotions.
5. Stop Being Jealous About Your PartnerFeeling a little jealous now and again is not unusual in a relationship, mainly when you are separated from your loved one.
Uncontrolled jealousy can lead to a destructive combination of suspicion, possessiveness, insecurity, anger, and shame. If you’re feeling jealous, it’s a good idea to figure out how to control your jealousy before it starts to hold you.
All in All: Solving Communication Issues in Long Distance RelationshipsApart from these, there could be other personal issues between couples which could be solved with patience and love by communicating clearly. Nothing is impossible to sort.
Everything has a solution, so never worry and overthink if there occurs an issue between you and your partner; just take it as an opportunity to fight together against the problem, not between each other. Having conflicts in marriage relationships is just normal, but escalating the conflicts to dreadful hatred and frustration can be dangerous. Hence, experts always suggested that experts seek the help of a professional to resolve any issue.
The psychologists of The Marriage Fit are professionals who have years of experience helping couples in saving marriages, and strengthening their relationships, which will help you solve your conflicts much easier.